As I was checking out the itunes music store yesterday, I noticed something that's either sad, or justifiable. It seems that most of the music that's most popular is by some artist that is not very musically talented. Honestly. "Crank That" by Solja Boy is not real music. It's some lame rap that wannabe gangster teenagers play because they want to feel cool like Solja Boy.
Another I saw was a song by Chris Brown, titled "Kiss Kiss," which features T-pain (who, by the way, is in three of the top ten songs). If it's number one on itunes, the online music store with the most prestige ever to date, then it has to have something to it. I was wrong. "Kiss Kiss" sounds like every other rap or R&B song being sold today. Why do people listen to this stuff?
Which brings me to my point. I cant change the fact that everyone likes this stuff that passes for music. However, the least you can do is check out some other genres or artists. There's a place for mainstream artist with little skill and a big paycheck, and there's a place for musically brilliant people that put emotion and feeling into their pieces.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment