The R&B artist Akon, well known for his hit song titled "Hypnotized" recently got in trouble with the law for molesting a 14 year old girl, and for literally throwing a boy off the stage at one of his concerts. There has been a lot of controversy revolving around Akon, and his sales numbers were affected.
Believing that he could make everything better, he released a single named "Sorry, Blame it on me," which surprisingly is very popular. Personally, I don't think the song is any better than average, but that's not what's important in the song, right? In the song Akon supposedly apologizes for recklessly performing those acts. In reality however, all Akon really does is say, "Yeah, alright, I may have done those things but it's everyone else's fault but mine. And quite frankly, it Akons fault, and only his. One of the lines in the song is "why doesn't anyone want to take that blame, Verizon backed out disgracing my name, I'm just a singer trying to entertain, because I love my fans and I'll take that blame.
Alright, there are a few things wrong with this. One, Akon claims that Verizon, the mobile cellular service, shouldn't have ended the partnership with him. Is this not a justified reason to break a contract with someone? He'd make Verizon look bad! He also makes himself look innocent by declaring that he's "just a singer trying to entertain," and that there's no possible reason he should ever get in trouble for something like this, even though it was Akon himself that performed the deed. Not to mention the fact that in the end of this verse he essentially says even though it's clearly not my fault and everyone is stupid for not realizing it, I'll take that blame, even though it will crush my over inflated ego.
So, it seems to me Akon is a pretty arrogant fool, that let's his pride get in the way of more important things. Pretty sad, huh? Considering he's making more money with this fake apology song than other people do for saving lives...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment